I’m writing this post at The Pub and the People because apparently I wanted to end my night sitting quietly in a bar watching baseball. They are also the best neighbors ever.
Today has been very weird. I’ve been in a generally good mood and have only focused on the delightfulness of the people with whom I’ve interacted.
- I’m still not handling this no bike life well. Luckily my baby is back tomorrow.
- I saw my first casually naked dude at the gym today. I’m shocked it took so long.
- My officially former roommate sent me an overly long email asking me to help pay the utilities she never bothered to pay while living here. Let’s see how long I can ignore her.
- A group of adult bros came into the bar tonight and spent several hours talking about how great it was when they were at Penn State.
- A law firm also brought in their summer associates and set a cap of $800 on their tab. The 12 of them didn’t break $400. I told the coordinator they should be embarrassed.
- At one point in the night two people were discussing how cool it was when Atlas had Eleanor Holmes Norton guest bartend. I didn’t mention that I helped set that event up because I hate myself. [I originally forgot to include this story because I hate myself – Ed.]
- I might be blacklisted on Lyft right now. A coworker had to give me a ride home.
Price is Right-cap
This week was all about luck over skill. A woman won a car on Stack the Deck after only getting one number, and a dude won a car without even needing to guess an item on a game I want to call Pick a Number, but that’s not right.
Best Moment: The new model, Gwendoline, is the best.
Worst Moment: A woman actually went over on the Showcase despite a reasonable guess.
By the numbers
Sobriety: 4/10. I really need a better way to gauge this. Just because I drink a large volume throughout the day doesn’t mean I’m getting drunk or trying to numb the pain.
Healthy Eating: 3/10. This was my lunch.
Sanity: 6/10. I didn’t smack those Penn State bros.
True Love: -1/10. I made the mistake of re-engaging a woman who had already passively rejected me, because I demand active rejection.
Also I had this interaction with a spam account on Tinder.