I decided to rent a car for my vacation so I can actually get around in suburban PA. My mom initially offered to call Enterprise, but they told her all she could rent was a full-sized car for $50/day. I went online and reserved a mid-size car for $30/day.
Not only did I get a free upgrade, but the dude gave me a discount.
- My mom and I got breakfast at Plain & Fancy diner, which is neither plain nor fancy.
- I got some new headphones at Target and the woman gave me a discount. Why is everyone is so friendly?
- I went on a little roadtrip with my dad today. We hit up a couple thrift stores and I “rescued” copies of Beloved, Middlesex, and The Silmarillion from a christian thrift store that I’m sure would have burned them had they known what they were.
- We also hit up Zern’s, which is a farmer’s market I always heard about growing up, but never visited it. Apparently my grandfather would take my dad there for livestock auctions as a kid and my dad hated it, so that probably had something to do with it. Either way, we bought delicious baked goods from an adorable little amish boy.
- I met up with my cousin Danny and we hit up the Doylestown Brewing Co. I wanted to say mean things about them, but they’re a very good brewery. They have an oaked IPA which had surprising notes of vanilla and a smoky witbier that was delicious.
- Danny and I had some fascinating conversations about his Catholicism and his acceptance of LGBT rights, but then things turned to Black Lives Matter and it got awkward. I like to believe I helped put things in perspective for him, but who knows.
- We ended our night at literally the whitest bar I have been to in the last decade, and they refused to serve us anything aside from Bud or Bud Light.
Price is Right-cap
My parents are chord-cutters and don’t have a digital converter, so I couldn’t watch Price is Right.
I watched the new Match Game though, which is good if too self-aware. Still, any show with Horatio Sanz, Tituss Burgess, Sherri Shepherd and Ana Gasteyer is worth watching.
Best Moment: Tituss and Sherri got into a fight about if straight people can “drill that ass”
Worst Moment: Everyone was far too sober.
By the numbers
Sobriety: 6/10. I drank some beers.
Healthy Eating: 5/10. I ate 3 meals today. One was cold pizza, another was a hoagie.
Sanity: 8/10. I am a good boy.
True Love: 0/10. There are apparently Tinder bots in the suburbs too.
Vacation Hoagies: 1. . . so far.