Now that I’m done Hannibal I need a new show. Obviously, my best option was to watch the new Amazon pilots and hope they will someday become shows.
The Tick: The last thing I ever expected wanting in life was a gritty reboot of The Tick, but it works so beautifully.
By making Arthur a tragic character it gives Peter Serafinowicz’s Tick more room to be insane, and he takes up every inch. I demand more episodes.
I Love Dick: Jill Soloway can do no wrong, and Jill Soloway + Kathryn Hahn are magic. I Love Dick is self-indulgant and navel gazey as fuck, and I can’t stop thinking about it. Obviously Amazon will pick it up, but they need to do it soon!
Some shit with Jean-Claude Van Damme: I dunno, I’m not gonna watch this shit.
- I thought walking home from Petworth at 1 AM was a good idea. Turns out it was fine!
- My computer tried to explode today, but I saved it. I kinda regret it now, because had it died I could have just gotten a new one with the money I don’t have.
- I tried to get some of the superglue off my jorts by soaking them in nail polish remover. It didn’t work.
- My roommate caught me watching Hearthstone videos and didn’t judge me. Unfortunately, then he tried to talk to me about other video game stuff and I just smiled and nodded.
- I settled my tv search by watching all of Take My Wife. Cameron Esposito and Rhea Butcher are absolute treasures, and if the show was just them talking about jackets I’d be down. Luckily, it’s also touching and hilarious. Unfortunately, now I need a new new show.
By the Numbers
Sobriety: 7/10. The guys at the liquor store were very excited to see me. It was kinda weird.
Healthy Eating: 4/10. I had greek yogurt and strawberries for 1 PM breakfast and made chicken parm for dinner.
True Love: 0/10. I don’t know a not-weird way to track this now that I’ve actually gone on a successful date with somebody.