Well, I’ve managed to survive a second day of funemployment. Is this still entertaining? Was it ever entertaining? Let me know in the comments!
- I managed to sleep in until the ripe old time of 9:57 AM today. PROGRESS!
- In a total betrayal of the spirit of funemployment I had a phone interview for a job today. Don’t worry though funpers [try it out – Ed.], I ended the call by telling my interviewer that considering they weren’t willing to pay me what I deserve and needed me to start before I’m able to I didn’t really have any further questions about the company or the position. I think I’m getting the hang of this!
- I also made sure to take time today to fulfill my democratic duty and vote in the DC primary. Of course I voted for Hillary for President, but for all the local DC races I wrote in former co-workers. Considering 2/3 of the candidates were running unopposed and all 3 At-Large DC Council primary candidates are terrible, I don’t feel bad.
Price is Right-Cap
I missed 95% of Price is Right today because I had to meet up with my sister Katie to give her some stuff. I probably could have made it, but we spent a solid 20 minutes standing in the sunshine talking about random nonsense as us Boltons are want to do.
Apparently I missed PLINKO and a contestant from DC. I did catch the very end of the showcase showdown though, so I have enough to determine best and worst moments
Best Moment: A teen won the showcase showdown, which is pretty cool. I really love how stoned teens are becoming more and more of Price is Right’s target demographic.
Worst Moment: The second showcase (by design always the better showcase) was a pair of boots, a trip to Nashville and a pick-up truck. What the shit is that?
My trivia team came in 4th for the second time in 2 weeks after coming in 1st while I wasn’t there. Coincidence?
Here’s a sampling of some of the night’s questions, leave your answers in the comments:
- Who was President of the United States during the sinking of the Titanic?*
- The River Taff flows through which capital city?
- What year was Dolly the sheep cloned?
- Which of the 7 Wonders of the World was located in Alexandria, Egypt?
- What was the fictional alter-ego of Hannah Montana?*
*questions I got right
By The Numbers
Sobriety: 8/10. I had a beer and a whiskey ginger during trivia, but only because I was super thirsty and our server repeatedly refused to give me water.
Healthy Eating: 3/10. Aside from a sandwich and banana all I ate today was leftover junk from Flight of the Conchords.
Sanity: 7/10. While I was fine overall today I did choose spend a lot of time in bed watching Happy Endings. Including skipping a networking happy hour. Also, I canceled an order on a custom suit from Indochino and accused them of body shaming me. I’d rate this as more insane, but they legitimately emailed me asking to provide photos because they refused to believe my body was the dimensions I repeatedly told them it was.
True Love: 0.1/10. I started talking to a girl on a dating app today, but I don’t want to rush things.