Since I made such a big stink about wanting to cook for myself again I decided I should actually go grocery shopping.
My first attempt was going to Trader Joe’s where I remembered that I actually hate Trader Joe’s. I loaded up on dumplings and then got out of there.
In my second attempt, I went to Giant and got a shit ton of edible if not sustainable produce, and got the supplies to make a lasagna.
I took out the ground beef and replaced it with hot Italian sausage. I also put fresh spinach in the first and 3rd layers and fresh basil in the 2nd layer. If I had to do it again, I’d probably include more sausage because it doesn’t break apart as easily as ground beef, but on the whole it was fucking delicious.
- As much as I complained that I wanted to stop the Price is Right-cap to open up my schedule, I stayed in bed until 11 AM anyway.
- After reading yesterday’s post, Laural reached out to me with tidings of friendship. I told her I didn’t feel like hanging out, because I’m an asshole and a terrible friend.
- My war with TD Bank has entered a new stage. Today they cancelled my debit card. When I called to complain, the very nice woman told me my card was cancelled because they were switching me over to my new chip card. That would be fine HAD THEY INFORMED ME OR EVER ACTUALLY SENT ME A NEW CARD. In closing, fuck TD Bank to death.
- I was about to finally unfollow my old job on social media because of how absolutely horrible and banal their posts are, but then my old co-worker Cathy pointed out it’s worth watching to see how bad it’ll get.
- FX decided that the day The Americans finally got the Emmy nominations it has always deserved was the perfect time to pull the new season from their streaming platform. Maybe if FX Now wasn’t such a garbage platform I would have finished the season earlier.
- In much happier news, Hannibal season 3 is finally on Amazon Prime! Hannibal is still one of the best things to ever be on television and the only positive thing to come from its cancellation is that Bryan Fuller is now fully focusing on American Gods, which is also shaping up to be pretty spectacular.
By the Numbers
Sobriety: 8/10. I got carded at the liquor store today, which indicates how long it’s been since I was there. I was there to get bourbon for what I have deemed the official drink of Funemployment.
Healthy Eating: 10/10. I ate three delicious meals today and am stocked to continue eating well for a few days now.
Sanity: 7/10. I got kinda mad at some stuff today.
True Love: 0/10. What is love?